In order to be eligible for SACAN membership the member must:
- Be an organization, individuals are not eligible for membership;
- Be recommended by preferably at least two members in good standing;
- Be independent from government and business sectors; and;
- Have climate change issues as its major concern.
All applicants are required to complete the SACAN Membership Application Form (below). Applicants are then requested to either fill out the application form below or you can send an email with the requested information to the SACAN Coordinator, Janet Kachinga (firstname.lastname@example.org). The following process will then take place:
- Once the application form and supporting documents are submitted to the SACAN Coordination Team, we will ensure all requirements are met, seeking any clarifications from the applicant.
- The application will then be circulated to all existing SACAN members for comments for a period of one month.
- Once this period is over and no comments have arisen, the Coordinator will then inform the applicant of the decision of the application. The applicant will then be considered a CAN and SACAN member.
- The Coordination Team will then advise SACAN and CAN of the new member and request the contact person be included on CANTalk.
Please note there are no membership fees to join SACAN.
Membership Application Form
If you comply with the above criteria and process and if this applies to your organisation,please read the CAN Charter (http://climatenetwork.org/sites/default/files/cancharter-adopteddec2012.pdf) and then complete the Application form below: